Happy New Year – H&B’s Marketing Resolutions
Ahh New Years. A time for new beginnings and introspection. Chris Brogan does his 3 Words for 2012 (which is great BTW). And rather than rip him off completely, here are my 5 work-related resolutions for 2012:
- Don’t bother with those who don’t get it. Some people like spam. Others think that it’s perfectly ok to claim they are an expert in something and then ask others (ok, me) how to do what it is they claim to be an expert in. Normally these people make me want to go off on an hour rant. This year I will find my inner zen and not be bothered. Even if it kills me.
- Focus on what Hunter & Bard is doing. It’s one thing to keep an eye on trends in the market and seeing what new specialties the competition is adding – it’s something else entirely to become obsessed and lose focus on your own customers. I’ve never actually gotten to the point of obsessed, so I guess this is kind of a cheating resolution (I will give up on something that has never been an issue to begin with) but hey, always good to not start a bad habit.
- Get better at billing. I hate the admin side of things and will soon be adding someone to handle that side of the business. Until then, it’s me doing the monthly invoices on the first of the month. Which means they often go out on the third. Bad habit. In fact, I need to send out today’s still. Ugh.
- Get the processes of H&B in shape. Lead qualification, in-house training, procedures – all of that will be sorted this year. I’m sure they will continue to evolve, but as we grow we need to make sure there is order in the agency. Better to start out with it, than have to get people used to it later.
- Work out. What does this have to do with work? You don’t want to see me in the office when I haven’t been to the gym. Nuff said.
What are your resolutions?