Stuff We Read: The Marketers Are Tracking You Edition
Happy Sunday! While most of the world rests today, those of us in the Israel are starting our work week. Yes, Israel works Sunday through Thursday. Ever felt paranoid about marketers tracking you? Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean someone isn’t watching you. Case in point, below (hello Target!).
- This amazon review caused me to buy this book (Game Theory 101): Son, this book has got your back. Cute post from Hacker News that made me smile this morning.
- How Companies Learn Your Secrets: Too brilliant to not read. Behavioral analytics can tell you everything about your customer. Not that you want them to know that.
- China Taxi Exercise Queen Returns With Another Dose of Big-Haired Fabulosity: The 80′s are alive and kicking in China’s taxis. Who wouldn’t like watching these two guys in skirts working out? (There’s a woman too.)
- Retailers Shut Facebook Storefonts Amid Apathy: I can think of a few start-ups counting on Facebook for e-commerce instead of building up their own entities (a practice I don’t recommend due to 1. the constant changing nature of FBs rules, and 2. always better to own your own property.) Now I have a third reason to add to the list – people don’t shop on Facebook. They’ll play games, but they won’t shop.
- A necessary change in policy: Admittedly I’m more than a little disturbed that they didn’t put this policy into place sooner. But ignore that for now and just read the comments. Especially about Toddlers and Tiaras.
What was your favorite business or marketing news this week? Let us know in the comments!